RE: [BULK] - Re: [Amps] Centurion cooling improvement ideas for AM servi

To: 'Joe Isabella' <n3ji@yahoo.com>, Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [BULK] - Re: [Amps] Centurion cooling improvement ideas for AM service
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:48:30 -0700
25W or so is probably about right; but when tuning up, the amp should be
tuned up at full power, not at "carrier" power for an AM signal!  So, you
must be prepared to provide it with sufficient drive to run 1kW+ output for
tuning, and then reduce drive to set the carrier level -- without re-tuning
the amp.  -WB2WIK/6