Re: [Amps] Advice on Filament Protection Sought

To: ka1xo@juno.com, AMPS@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: Re: [Amps] Advice on Filament Protection Sought
From: Radio WC6W <wc6w@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:49:58 -0700
Hi Harold,
   As long as you are running a bridge...

   You could substitute SCR's (2N683 or similar) for the two diodes in
the positive leg and build a little phase control circuit (See an old GE
SCR manual) to ramp the filament up for whatever time period you wish
then, just turn the SCR's on full cycle for normal operation.

   Add an RMS detector (AD536 or later vintage part) to sense the output
V, provide for some feedback and you would have a regulated filament
supply with soft-start.

73 & Good evening,
   Marv WC6W