Re: [Amps] Wide Band Audio

To: "Jimmy Jones" <jjones@etex.net>, "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Wide Band Audio
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:37:36 -0400
> Just Wait... I actually heard a guy on the air the other day say "and
those guys going inside their radios and modifying them too". My god what
has this hobby come to?

Actually, that comment was in fact voiced by none other than Riley
Hollingsworth who, incredibly enough, accused me during a telephone
conversation two years ago of opening up my transceiver and making a
modification to it.  Don't ever let Riley know that you've built any
home-brew equipment, most especially a home-brew amplifier.

What ever happened to the real men in this hobby like George Grammar and By
Goodman?  They can't all be SK.

-Paul