[Amps] AL-1500 pi-network capabilities

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] AL-1500 pi-network capabilities
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 06:16:23 -0400
I've been toying with the idea of adding a modern amp to my SB-220 for SO2R operation. One of the things I really like about the SB-220 is that its pi network has sufficient matching range on the low bands so that, for example, I can run my 40M yagi, which is cut for the CW end, up well into the phone band, or run my 80m K3LR array, which is cut for 80CW, up to at least 3900 kHz.

Does the AL-1500 have similar matching range, or will I find myself more restricted?

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
was updated on August 2, 2004
2753 contest stations at