[Amps] Free or almost free chassis

To: Mail List for Amplifiers <amps@contesting.com>,Mail List for Glow Bugs <glowbugs@piobaire.mines.uidaho.edu>
Subject: [Amps] Free or almost free chassis
From: Jim Isbell <millenniumfalcon@cableone.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 13:37:25 -0500
Recently I posted about using a computer power switch box with monitor, computer, printer, Aux 1 and Aux 2 switches and line filters etc. to power the S-Line station to save the power switches on the Collins rig. I got the impression from responses that I received that it was old news and I had just reinvented the wheel. Well, risking further ridicule I will comment on something else I just found on the off chance that there is someone out there that is slower than me and still doesn't doesn't know.....#8-)

There are at least two different computer manufacturers that produced desk top towers that happen to be 14.25" tall. Just the same height as a 75S and a 32S stacked. If you have a computer with your S-Line this would look nice beside a "stack" especially if you painted it with S-Line colors. In the alternative, if you want to add some circuitry that you don't have, such as an AM transmitter to compliment the 75S's AM capability, an antenna tuner, or what ever you think you need, the case would make a nice chassis that would look nice next to the S-Line stack.

These are available at every thrift store, Goodwill, and off the curb for little or nothing.