Re: [Amps] ARRL Amplifier book

To: RICHARD GEORGE <k6kwq@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] ARRL Amplifier book
From: Vic Rosenthal <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 12:07:10 -0700
RICHARD GEORGE wrote:

ARRL AMPLIFIER BOOK: Just received mine. A little disappointed, but
should have known. It of course is all reprints of articles from QST
and QEX. The thing that surprised me is that most of it (or a good
part of it) is low power SS stuff. It has only one QRO HF amp in the
whole book. About 240 pages, very little tech stuff.

I suspect that they are afraid of litigation...if they publish a design for a QRO amplifier that uses more than 12 volts and someone builds it and gets killed, they could be a target for a dumba** lawsuit.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco