Re: [Amps] ARRL Amplifier book

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] ARRL Amplifier book
From: Will Matney <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 19:04:20 -0400
Vic, Richard, and others,
You don't reckon it could be that publishing such info anymore would be cutting the throats of the manufacturers who advertises with QST, etc? Hmmmmmmm, just a thought. I once heard a story about QST and ARRL refusing to publish good technical info from fear of the amp manufacturers not wanting it published. I shouldn't of said that, nope. If that's all they have in the book, I don't want it.

Will Matney

RICHARD GEORGE wrote:

ARRL AMPLIFIER BOOK: Just received mine. A little disappointed, but
should have known. It of course is all reprints of articles from QST
and QEX. The thing that surprised me is that most of it (or a good
part of it) is low power SS stuff. It has only one QRO HF amp in the
whole book. About 240 pages, very little tech stuff.

I suspect that they are afraid of litigation...if they publish a design for a QRO amplifier that uses more than 12 volts and someone builds it and gets killed, they could be a target for a dumba** lawsuit.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco