[Amps] ARCO compression trimmer caps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] ARCO compression trimmer caps
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 06:01:29 -0700
Frustration!  I have pair of ARCO compression trimmers I want to use
in a single-band amp in the input pi-network circuit and one of them
has lost the mounting nut.  This is a non-standard thread and even my
well-stocked box of spare nuts and bolts comes up empty.  The local
hardware store has an extensive supply of US and metric nuts and still
nothing.  An experienced machinist friend guesses it might be a 12-40
thread, but he's not sure.

Dan's Small Parts has the trimmer for sale with a note "NO MOUNTING
NUT SUPPLIED..YOUR LOCAL HARDWARE STORE SHOULD HAVE THAT....".

Yeah, right.  :-)

Any one know what the thread is or where I can get one?

Thanks in advance,

--
73, Bill W6WRT