Re: [Amps] ARCO compression trimmer caps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] ARCO compression trimmer caps
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 08:30:26 -0700
On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 06:55:01 -0700, Radio WC6W wrote:

>   I tried looking for some of those myself (including an internet
>search) a couple years ago with no success.  I was even considering
>making a few nuts from brass hex stock but, a 12-40 tap also proved
>elusive, special order, and was quoted around $25.

I think what I may end up doing with this is using some double sided
foam tape to mount it.  Punch a hole for the mounting screw and stick
it in place.  I know the adhesive is heat sensitive, but this will be
in a cool area, and there are foam tapes advertised as extra strong.

Another possibility is silicone RTV, which is not heat sensitive
(within reason).  :-)

Still waiting for a reply from ARCO.

--
Bill W6WRT