Re: [Amps] 20kw Dummy load?

To: "DF3KV" <df3kv@aol.com>,"Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>, <list@redpoint.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 20kw Dummy load?
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 19:58:15 -0700
Has anyone tried submerging MFJ Cantenna's into a water
tank. I was thinking of building up some power dividers and
running 4 of those cans in parallel to make a cheap high power
load. One can will take 1.5KW, but the duty cycle is pretty low
(something like 1 minute on, 10 minutes off). Seems like
conduction cooling between the can body and a water bath
would be of some benefit.

Thanks,