Re: [Amps] Power metering in linears

To: W4EF@dellroy.com, thomas.hoeppe@asamnet.de, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Power metering in linears
From: Radio WC6W <wc6w@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 07:51:57 -0700
On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 21:10:26 -0700 "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
writes:
> Yes that's it, Marv, except that I think you meant to say
> that the single "turn" primary of the first transformer is
> connected between "ports 1 & 2" instead "1 & 4".
> See figure 2 of the following document:
>
> http://directional-coupler.notlong.com
>
> 73 de Mike,
> W4EF....................................................

Hi Mike,
   QSL.

   That'll teach me to think and type at the same time.  :-)

   The corrected version:

    Port 1 is the RF input
    Port 2 is the RF output
    Port 3 is the Forward sample
    Port 4 is the Reverse sample

   Two identical transformers with 32 turn secondaries (for -30 db
coupling) are employed.

   The single "turn" primary of the first transformer is connected
between Ports 1 & 2.
   The secondary of the first transformer is connected between ground &
Port 3.
   The single "turn" primary of the second transformer is connected
between Ports 3 & 4.
   The secondary of the second transformer is connected between ground &
Port 2.
   Phasing of the windings is consistent with the connection order
detailed above.

73 & Thanks for the proofread!
   Marv  WC6W

*