Re: [Amps] High Temp silcone rubber sheet,was chimney material suggestio

To: "R.Measures" <r@somis.org>, "Tomm Aldridge" <KD7QAE@ARRL.NET>
Subject: Re: [Amps] High Temp silcone rubber sheet,was chimney material suggestion GI35b
From: "K7RDX" <k7rdx@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:37:03 -0700
From: "R.Measures" <r@somis.org>
To: "Tomm Aldridge" <KD7QAE@ARRL.NET>
Cc: <amps@contesting.com>; "jeff millar" <wa1hco@adelphia.net>
Sent: Saturday, October 23, 2004 11:09 AM
Subject: Re: [Amps] High Temp silcone rubber sheet,was chimney material
suggestion GI35b

On Oct 23, 2004, at 9:02 AM, Tomm Aldridge wrote:

> Also, go to your local Target, Wal-Mart, etc cooking department and
> you will find Silicone baking sheets which are approx $10 / sq ft and
> fairly stiff so making a chimney should be easy.  Other options from
> the same area of the store are Silicone cutting "boards" and Silicone
> trivits (hot pads).  All of these will make respectable HV insulator
> material as well I would think.

Another way to go is to mod a round plastic food container with a
snap-on lid that is microwave oven safe:  cut a hole in the bottom with
a dedicated (to plastic cutting), conical soldering iron tip, glue the
box to the chassis with silicone rubber, let cure for 24-hrs, cut a
hole in the lid that will snap on over the anode.  //  note:  the
typical air temperature that comes out of an anode cooler is about
110ºF less than the softening point of such plastic.