Re: [Amps] filament voltage question

To: "R.Measures" <r@somis.org>, Tony King <amps@w4zt.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] filament voltage question
From: Colin Lamb <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 08:34:16 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
It seems that the sag can be used to compensate for the increase in voltage due
to back bombardment.  If you set the voltage at 6.0 volts, for example, and the
filament voltage drops under the load of the plate supply, at some point the
back bombardment will increase the voltage again.  So, you have built in
compensation.  Very crude, of course, as it would change with key down time -
but it could be used as an approximation.

In other words, the voltage drop and the voltage increase can be self
compensating to some degree.  May not be perfect, but perhaps it is close
enough to make do - which is half of amateur radio.

At least it is a thought - laziness is the mother of doing less work.

Colin  K7FM