Re: [Amps] SB-1000 meter switch

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-1000 meter switch
From: Will Matney <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:03:24 -0500
Pete,

I'm actually in Proctorville, Ohio right across the river from Huntington, WV. The 31st street bridge comes right into the town and I'm about 3-1/2 miles up the river from that. I used to be able to put my boat in the Ohio river in 5 minutes from the house =) Those were the good old days, no boat now and couldn't use one if I had it.

I recall some of the Heathkit switches having special wafers and contacts to where like three terminals could be shorted at one time. Plus some had odd numbers switched on a wafer. I guess you'd class these as a custom switch. The one you need, I can try to look it up and see how it's made. If it shows the wafer layout, it wont be hard. It would be good if a standard switch would drop in it's place.

Will Matney

Pete Smith wrote:

I suspect you're right. I have seen some DPxT rotaries that, like the stock Heath, have 30-degree indexing, and have tabs you can bend in to restrict them to the number of poles you actually need. That may be my answer. Thanks, Will

73, Pete

PS are you in West Virginia? I'm over in Jefferson Cty in the Eastern Panhandle.