Re: [Amps] Here's a Shocker

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Here's a Shocker
From: Will Matney <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:38:38 -0500
Hal,

I think that is the same as an electric cautery (to burn and seal off bleeding, cauterization or electrodiathermy). It's an old one by the looks of the insulation on the windings. I had some surgery once to remove a cyst on my cheek and actually didn't feel a shock. They had a ground patch on my right thigh and the arc from a small needle probe held by hand. The current must be really low on this I guess. I can say this, the worst part of the experience was the smell off the burning flesh.

Will Matney