Re: [Amps] Here's a Shocker

To: John Lawson <jpl15@panix.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Here's a Shocker
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:49:02 -0800
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:09:23 -0500 (EST), John Lawson wrote:

>   Will, there is no 'natural' frequency for any mammalian nervous systems.

Sorry, but there is indeed, at least in the humans who volunteered for
my testing.  (I'm using the word "testing" pretty loosely, here.
Mostly just a few guys being curious).

This was many years ago, back in the '60s when I was employed at a
defense contractor.  In our spare time, a few of my co-workers and I
were curious about the body's response to different voltages and
currents, and we had access to a variable frequency sine wave
generator which could put out from zero to 100 or so VRMS.  To make a
long story short, we found that frequencies above about 600-800 Hz
caused no shock effect at all, up to the voltage we had available.

And in response to your "natural" frequency comment, by far the most
shocking frequency was about 10 Hz, far more shocking than frequencies
higher or lower, including DC.  As the frequency was swept, there was
a definite peaking effect, and so, I would suggest the natural
resonance frequency of the human nervous system is about 10 Hz.

If Mr. Lawson can lose the snotty, condescending tone in his posts, I
would be glad to hear from him.  Otherwise, don't bother.

--
Bill W6WRT