Re: [Amps] Step-start Calculation Problem:

To: philk5pc@tyler.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Step-start Calculation Problem:
From: Radio WC6W <wc6w@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 09:25:13 -0800
On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 09:31:21 -0600 "Phil Clements" <philk5pc@tyler.net>
writes:

> Subject: Re: [Amps] Step-start Calculation Problem:

<snip>

> Observing the H.V. meter upon power-up will tell us
> when the correct delay has been applied for any given set of P.S.
> components.
>
> (((73)))
> Phil, K5PC

Hi Phil & the Step Start Set,
   I've been using a SS circuit that is controlled by the output voltage,
connected through a suitable divider, to a TL431 which drives the SS
relay.   Using this method,  the circuit "knows" when a suitable delay
has elapsed.

  The TL431 may drive up to a 100 mA relay coil directly.   An ancillary
PNP transistor can increase this capability as necessary.

73 & Good morning,
   Marv  WC6W

*

*