Re: [Amps] vacuum relay failure

To: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] vacuum relay failure
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 08:45:07 -0800

On Nov 22, 2004, at 8:17 AM, Pete Smith wrote:

I do not use this amplifier QSK,

Pete -- With modern transceivers, there is usually no timing difference between QSK-CW and SSB-VOX.

and have it set up with a speed-up circuit in any case. Normally, I run 20-30 Ms of PTT delay to protect the relays, but that's not really practical with hand keying. I may have been doing some hot switching. The output relay is an HC-1

Thanks for the confirmation.

73, Pete N4ZR