Re: [Amps] AL-811 low power

To: "W5WRL" <wlawless@w5wrl.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-811 low power
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 18:49:06 -0800
On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 14:57:58 -0600, W5WRL wrote:

>Any suggestions on how I can get full power out of the amp on the higher
>frequencies?

First, are you *sure* the power is falling off?  How are you measuring
it?  Are you using a dummy load?  Have you verified it with a second
meter?

Second, is the input power the same?  If it is, and the output is
falling from 550 watts down to 250, there is 300 watts being
dissipated somewhere and something is going to get *very* hot.

Lets start with those questions and see where we go from there.

--
Bill W6WRT