[Amps] Help on Aerovox capacitor

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Help on Aerovox capacitor
From: "Dennis Berry" <dennisberry@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 00:06:11 -0500
I have an Aerovox No 9, A-10941-1, 8 MFD 2000vdc capacitor.  I have searched on
google, and the aerovox.com website for information on this cap.  My guess is
it is an older one since nothing is showing up with these part numbers.

Does anyone have info on this cap (other than mfd and voltage, that is the
obvious part).  In particular, how did Aerovox mark their positive or negative
terminal?  The cap has a round dot in the can at one end, but there is no paint
on it to indicate if it was a positive or negative.  Did Aerovox uses a
standard marking for their part?  I am assuming this would be a polarized
capacitor with that MFD and voltage rating.

Anyone with an older catalog that can help me out with additional info?

Thanks,

    Dennis