[Amps] (no subject)

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] (no subject)
From: "Dan" <dpipes@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 20:58:37 -0700
Eric, thanks for the ideas I will use them all.. will check that in the
morning. One thing I I wonder if I see no other problem is it possible the
resistor just gave up? tube might be good etc....id there a way to check the
811a via resistance checks etc? it looks good ... thanks

--------------

Check the hardware for the tube sockets, and make sure there are no nuts
missing on the underside of the chassis. I repaired a 2K not once, but
twice, due to hardware vibrating off of the tube socket, causing one of the
tube filaments to loose connection. It's been a few years, so I don't recall
which socket it was, but it was enough for one of the tubes to loose
filament voltage.

Maybe when you changed tubes, the socket hardware shifted ever so slightly,
enough to re-establish current flow. After the fan/blower ran awhile, maybe
it moved enough to loose connection once again.

73
Eric
KE2D