RE: [Amps] Tetrodes in GG Configuration

To: "'Will Matney'" <craxd1@ezwv.com>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [Amps] Tetrodes in GG Configuration
From: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@socket.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:22:49 -0600
When I brought up a question the other day about the 4-1000a and GG amp
is because I have one new tube and some others with just a few hours on
them and it will be my first amp so I also want to use the KISS method
as I don?t have an electrical background.

Rich / KD0ZZ

To: Amps@contesting.com

What I can,t figure is why one would want to run a tetrode in G-G where
a triode is the very ticket for it? To me, if one wanted to run a
tetrode, they would want to run it the way it was designed to run in
the first place. This being knowing from the get go that screen and
bias was a must. To me, those extra prower supplies aren't that big of
a hassle and neither is the expense. Believe you me, I don't have boo-
koos of money either. To me, if I wanted a simple G-G amp, I'd use
nothing but a triode. Of course that's just my opinion on the subject,
others may have one that I dont see.

Will

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:36:56 -0500, Bob Maser <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>