Re: [Amps] Want to build first amp

To: Tomm Aldridge <KD7QAE@ARRL.NET>, Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Want to build first amp
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:32:27 -0500
When building my fist transmitters and amplifiers, I built them as single band units. This allowed me to get something working quickly and debug problems before I added even more parts. And to learn from your experience early in the game. Also it is a quick and less expensive way to get something on the air. I always had a problem with drawn out projects and loosing momentum if they took too long before I began seeing results. Some things are you will have to do in any case. One is to build or acquire a power supply. I seem to have lots of them just now.
Just make sure you leave enough room in the single band amplifier to add the band switching and other components later. Don't paint yourself into a corner.
Try for a 20 meter Amplifier first and then go from there.
73
Bill wa4lav