[Amps] Russian GI-7B(T)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Russian GI-7B(T)
From: "Dennis Berry" <dennisberry@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:07:02 -0500
There have been some great comments recently on tubes and IMD curves.  I am
just getting into looking seriously at amps, and I am trying to absorb as much
as I can from a lot of brighter people than myself in this reflector.

The Russian GI-7B tube looks like it would be an interesting tube as a
replacement for the 811 class of tube.  What I don't know is since it is a
'microwave' tube, would it work well in HF and SSB?  I 'assumed' the gain would
increase at lower frequencies, and therefore be a good candidate?  The typical
data sheet for a GI-7B does not show any IMD curves as was discussed recently
with the Eimac tubes.  I know there are tube conversion articles out there
using this tube, but from a 'quality of signal' for lack of a better term, do
some of you more learned guys know if these tubes are really applicable and
produce a good clean signal for HF CW and SSB work?

Thanks in advance for any responses received.

    Dennis, NU8S