Re: [Amps] doorknob cap

To: Dominique.DEHAYS@enac.fr
Subject: Re: [Amps] doorknob cap
From: "Harold B. Mandel" <ka1xo@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:44:10 -0500
Dear Dom,

I'm looking at a unit in my hand and I'll type the label:

        "  CRL 858 "
        "  1000PF  +/-20%  8803  "
        "   5KVDC   X5V  "
The cap was used in the ALPHA 77 series but experience
proved it to not have the KVaR capacity for padding and
for plate blocking that other more robust doorknobs carry.

They make great bypass caps for use in mixed flavor applications
such as on a tetrode tube socket. It's best to use around twelve units
of varied capacitance in that application.

Hal Mandel
W4HBM