[Amps] ampliphase and hybrid am mod circuits

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] ampliphase and hybrid am mod circuits
From: "nospam4me@juno.com" <nospam4me@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:02:44 GMT
Hi Larry,

Although a bit unconventional, there are a number of schemes
used in hybrid AM Broadcast Transmitters. I put one such animal
on the air as 1640 KXBT (first expanded band AM tx west of NJ)
back in the mid 90's using a converted Continental 10Kw beast.

It had good audio and never a bug in the RF section, just old
power supply issues would pop up, nothing out of the ordinary
for a transmitter of that vintage.

These units are now popular for the 160 meter crowd (low power
mode setting), if you can get the 3 phase power to the shack.

cheers,
skipp

nospam4me@juno.com
www.radiowrench.com/sonic