Re: [Amps] Websites.

To: "Amps@contesting.com" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Websites.
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:02:52 -0500
Peter,

I wrote it mainly so that the member here, or any others, will always research things from several sources. I have seen several websites with mis-information on subjects although there heart was in it for the right reason. The other portion of the statement was about using computer grade electrolytics, and saying they shouldn't be used. However, there are low ESR computer grade caps, so the text shouldn't disclude all these type caps. Even at that, the standard computer grades have been used all the time with some pretty darn long life to them. Even though the use of low ESR types are better, they are more expensive. So things ought to be weighed when building a circuit. When I said, "This makes one wonder if they can be trusted on everything else
they have spoken about.", I was speaking of the website author, and meant that they should research things and only write what is known to be true. It wasn't meant to be derogatory, but that one needs to watch the text for any other mis-information. The member here was looking for help and ran across some mis-information in the texts and may or may not have known it. On here, the voice of the many can rectify this and provide an answer which is correct. There's one old saying I keep in mind, "It never does hurt to ask".

Best,

Will