[Amps] 3 dB mobile power increase

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 3 dB mobile power increase
From: Dick Knol <dick.knol@planet.nl>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:02:26 +0100
Gentlemen,

I just purchased another SG500 solid state HF amplifier.
The plan is to install this unit ajacent to the other SG500 amplifier in my
car, and to combine both outputs in order to achieve a 3 dB power gain.
Both units will be powered from 2 dedicated 100 AH gell cell batteries.

Does anyone have experience with high power splitters/combiners?

Both SG500 units will be driven from the IC706MKII through a splitter, and the
output combined and terminated in the HiQ 5-80 centerloaded vertical mounted on
the trailer hitch.
What issues have to be taken into account in order to build a combiner
according to sound engineering standards?

Cheers, Dick Knol
PA3DUV