Re: [Amps] Ebay 4-400A chuckle

To: ToddRoberts2001@aol.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ebay 4-400A chuckle
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@eon.net.au>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 07:31:04 +0800
Very easy to fix Todd. No need to be scared. I've done it successfully with no less than 4 x 4-1000A tubes which had suffered during transit. All are now in good working order with 2 of them in use and 2 as spares.

Don't wrap the tube up. You need to be able to see what you are doing as you are doing it.

Hold the tube in one hand and give it some light thumps on the envelope on the opposite side to the bent plate with the heel of the other hand. You'll find that they are quite robust and will take a substantial beating but don't try and move it too much with each thump. Slowly does it. Remember, it is not your wife.

You'll soon see that by judicious beating and rotating of the tube, you'll soon have it fully restored.

Have fun,
Alek. VK6APK