Re: [Amps] Eimac 3500Z Vs. RFParts or Taylor Tubes

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Eimac 3500Z Vs. RFParts or Taylor Tubes
From: Joe Isabella <n3ji@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:42:16 -0800 (PST)
I was told by the RF Parts people that the Taylors and the RF Parts branded
tubes are the same.  The only difference is $10 and an extended second prorated
year on the warranty.  I got the RF Parts tubes and have been running them hard
in AM in both a TL-922 and a Henry 3K-A for just over three years now.  I
couldn't be happier and will NEVER pay the Eimac price for them.

Joe, N3JI

Javier <yv5mbx@arrl.net> wrote:
Hi,

I am curious abt the high street prices of Eimac 3500Z tubes against Chineese
Version.

Is my understanding that chineese tubes get not as hot as Eimac and provide abt
100 watts of extra power. If I am correct is the price difference based upon
tube´s longvity?

Thanks,
Javier
yv5mbx