Re: [Amps] YC-156

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] YC-156
From: Norman Hockler <norsan@bright.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:31:25 -0500
Charlie,

I do not know the history of the YC-130 but the YC-156 ( 3CPX5000A7) is as rugged a tube as you can find.
This tube ( a high mu triode) was designed by Eimac for the medical business as the output Tube for MRI machines.
I can guarantee it would take an awful lot to blow this one up. Ask some of the Hams that have built amps with them.

Norm N8NH