[Amps] Removing enamel insulation?

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Removing enamel insulation?
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 13:36:32 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Joe,

There's a small handheld tool made just for this. It looks like the jaws of
a large toe-nail clipper with a handle that has a small curve in the bottom
to fit the palm back of your hand. You simply push the two jaws together on
the wire with your fingers and pull it backwards. It scrapes the insulation
off this way. A large pair of toe-nail clippers will work too if you take
the lever off and just use the two jaws. The lever puts too much pressure on
and could cut the wire. I've only seen these a few places on the net and
forget where I seen them. These are what's been used for years and years. I
d say most supply houses like EIS carry them. The the link's below and
e-mail a sales house close to you.

http://www.eis-inc.com/oem/index.shtml

Will