[Amps] [AMPS] Re: FL-2100B Failure

To: AMPS@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] [AMPS] Re: FL-2100B Failure
From: knormoyle@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:57:10 +0000
Thanks everyone for the responses!

There are a couple votes on residual magnetism on the relay, so
I'm definitely going to check that out. The lead reversing is
a neat trick Will check the armature spring again also. I played with it
with the power off, and the spring seemed to pull the armature back
no problem, so I thought at the time it was fine..but will double check.

with respect to the burning on the plate choke: yup it's only in certain areas.
So the comments about vhf parasitics are probably right on, if that's
a key indicator.

The 22 ohm suppressor R's physically looked okay, but I'll
be sure to measure them.

thanks again everyone
-Kevin,
 KE6RAD