Re: [Amps] [AMPS] Re: FL-2100B Failure

To: knormoyle@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] [AMPS] Re: FL-2100B Failure
From: Vic Rosenthal <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:58:27 -0800
knormoyle@comcast.net wrote:

> with respect to the burning on the plate choke: yup it's only in certain
> areas.
> So the comments about vhf parasitics are probably right on, if that's
> a key indicator.

I do not believe that the FL-2100B originally was designed to operate on WARC
bands.  It's possible that the choke had a resonance near 17 or 12 meters and
was burned when the owner attempted to operate on that band.  I think this is a
more likely cause of choke damage than a VHF parasitic oscillation.

> The 22 ohm suppressor R's physically looked okay, but I'll
> be sure to measure them.

Good idea.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA