[Amps] Alpha 77Dx -Adding Grounded Grid Filament Choke

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 77Dx -Adding Grounded Grid Filament Choke
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:22:56 -0500
Last week's discussion of GG filament chokes got me thinking about modifying
my Alpha 77Dx which I believe, ties one side of the filament to the cathode.
I would like to cut this tie and user a R.F. Parts Co. FILRFC-30 filament
choke.

http://www.rfparts.com/choke.html

I am assuming that a combination of HV-rated 0.01 uF and 0.1 uF disc caps
could be used to bypass each side of the filament tube terminals to ground.
Anything else I should consider before doing this?  Thanks!

-Paul, W9AC