Re: [Amps] Anode choke coil former material

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Anode choke coil former material
From: ToddRoberts2001@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 23:17:39 EST
In a message dated 3/13/2005 11:13:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
KD7QAE@ARRL.NET writes:
In looking at Anode chokes for my dual GS35b amp, I see that most
commercial units are wound on either PTFE (Teflon(tm)) or ceramic. My
question is this; has anyone successfully used phenolic tubing, paper,
wood, PVC pipe, or other common material to construct a good Anode choke?

Tomm
KD7QAE

Fiberglass tubing is good material to wind an anode choke over. 73 Todd WD4NGG