[Amps] SB-200 blows fuses

To: "amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] SB-200 blows fuses
From: "Jeff Stewart" <stewgoat@indy.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 01:45:41 -0500
I just put my SB-200 on 220 volts, used it on an 80 meter net one night just
fine.  Two nights later, while tuning up it popped  the fuses on my home 220
volt sub-box.  Pulled the tubes (they seem to look ok) and the amp still
blows the fuses each time I turn it on.  No loud bang, pop or any noises
when it died and they only thing inside that looks funky is c12 (.02) on the
tube side of the filament choke.  C12 had a black spot on the outside.
Would it be a good place to start by isolating the filament tap (6 volt) to
see if it still blows the fuses?  No hi-pot tester here but any advice will
be helpfull.

Thanks,
Jeff

http://www.qsl.net/ka9dad/
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I
am._Unknown