Re: [Amps] MLA-2500B Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] MLA-2500B Question
From: "Adrian Rees (M1LCR)" <rees.a@btconnect.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 21:33:01 +0100
I'd just like to add my bit to this thread...

I have a Dentron ML2500B, and a Dentron ML2500 (yes two of the things).

I use an Icom 756PROII and the ML2500B during contests, and have had
continuous problems tuning the Dentron. So much so, I now have a Daiwa Auto
ATU (Circa 1984) between the output of the Rig and the Input of the Amp,
just so I can get the Amp to tune up properly...as well as the on board 756
tuner. I've seen all sorts of crazy situations were as we tune the ATU
(Aerial side, Amp Output) the input goes high SWR....the Power drops etc
etc. Sometimes it can take 10minutes or so to tune the thing up !

If anyone has a suitable input circuit that can be added to the Dentron, I
for one would be very interested.

(Incidentially I have a few spare 8875's ~ New Old Stock,Boxed Eimac if
anyone is interested.)

 Adrian (M1LCR)