[Amps] more info on distributors

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] more info on distributors
From: "John T. M. Lyles" <jtml@lanl.gov>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:28:03 -0600
It always amazes me how unprofessional some folks are on email, with
direct attacks and libelous statements. While I certainly understand
the dislike for monopolistic practices, and big companies which move
in an run off the small firms (can you say Walmart?) the firm in
question below (Richardson Electronics) is one of the few companies
in the US with the guts and money to buy up the remaining failing
tube companies which would otherwise be totally obsolete. (for
example, Amperex, some Philips parts, GE/National ignitrons, and a
bunch of solid state RF designs). We depend on them to keep supplying
these parts, for older sytems. Also, as a major distributor of
capacitors such as the German Draloric brand, big R has them in stock
in some cases. Most companies cannot afford to keep the inventory
that R does. If you can't use their services, then don't bother
attacking them.

The Eimac-Varian case was at many years ago, past history. The second
posting below makes no sense at all.

>As I understand it, Eddie's monopoly-deal with Eimac-Varian resulted in
>the DoJ making him an offer he could not refuse.    IMO, there is much
>truth in Randy Newman's song "Short People".

>However, to his great credit, Eddie is an employer of those
>misfortunate young women who would otherwise probably be unemployed -
>and, sadly, perhaps even homeless - because they are so attractive that
>other employers would reject them out of fear that they would  be
>disruptive in the workplace.
>Congrats on doin' the right thing, Eddie.

73
John
K5PRO