Re: [Amps] plate choke

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] plate choke
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:23:32 -0400
You can get solid rod in G-10 too. Also, one might look at Glastic which is the
redish pink fiberglass material out now. They have it in sheet and rod. They
also make standoffs with it. I'm not sure of the price on Glastic though but it
should be close to other fiberglass products. Harold Mandel on here uses it in
sheets and may know the current pricing. Remember, it dont matter what color it
is, just so it works. I have a plastics supplier catalog here somewhere that
has pretty much everything available. I'll try to find it and see what's
available and some pricing. I would think some other plastics would hold up
just as well as Teflon, with a lesser price, unless it's one of those
"space-age" types which is not used much, and are very expensive.

Best,

Will