Re: [Amps] article in Nature, modified Aurora via HF

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] article in Nature, modified Aurora via HF
From: "MICHAEL FORD" <moo@midmaine.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 06:48:19 -0400

> G3SEK@ifwtech.co.uk writes:
>
> But how  many reports of the "Luxembourg effect" over the decades have
> been due to  cross-modulation in receivers? We skeptics need to  know.

A similar effect was used on a daily basis at the Lohnsfeld Germany
receiver site. The transmitter was at Ft. Detrick MD and they would
come up along side a strong European broadcast station for the ride
across the pond. It was explained to me as the "parametric effect".
I worked there in the 196x era.

    Mike  k1ern