Re: [Amps] Plate transformer current unknown

To: "Angelo Karabetsos" <ve3yn@hotmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Plate transformer current unknown
From: Karl-Arne Markström <sm0aom@telia.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 18:31:22 +0200
As a rough estimate and starting point you can use the weight of the
transformer.

A 1 kVA CCS rated transformer weighs about 45 lbs or 20 kg,
and it will most certainly hold up for 2 kVA ICAS.

In your case this would correspond to about 3 kV 300 mA CCS after a choke-input
filter.

In the 50's and 60's editions of the W6SAI Radio Handbooks there are
discussions of how to rate a plate transformer using weight as a parameter,

73/

Karl-Arne
SM0AOM