Re: [Amps] questions on my tranformer test

To: "kenw2dtc" <kenw2dtc@comcast.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] questions on my tranformer test
From: "Dr. William J. Schmidt, II" <bill@wjschmidt.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:11:50 -0500
I would think that the best way to tell is measure the wire size of the
secondary winding.  The second best way is measure he cross-sectional area
of the transformer, as theoretically it is related to the power capabilities
of the steel.... which you can back into current (after accounting for
reasonable efficiencies).  180F seems a little warm for a CCS transformer...
maybe Will can weigh in here...

Sincerely,

Dr. William J. Schmidt, II  K9HZ
Trustee of the North American QRO - Central Division Club - K9ZC

Email: bill@wjschmidt.com
WebPage: www.wjschmidt.com

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that
will do them in."  -- Bradley's Bromide