[Amps] Shipping (was Alpha service redux)

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Shipping (was Alpha service redux)
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:55:19 +0000
This is why in the case of amps, if it can't be fixed by me, I drive it to someone who can. I realize this solution isn't available to eveyone. I'm fortunate to be only a few hours drive from AES, QRO and Command. The back seat of my car is the best transportation.

Rob/K5UJ

<<<Many of you remember how both FedEx Express
and UPS separately destroyed two of my amplifiers
last year, and the resultant tales of woe regarding the
Claims process.

Since then, I've had to ship other equipment, but this
time with different carriers and different preparation,
which then proved successful.

Firstly, ordinary handling (e.g., UPS/FedEx Exp/ USPS)
is completely disregarded.  This leaves the trucking
industry, with its LTL (Less-Than-Full-Load) freight
handling abilities.>>>