Re: [Amps] 5.0V FILAMENT IS ONLY 2.5V

To: JAMES SMITH <kg6nlb@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 5.0V FILAMENT IS ONLY 2.5V
From: Vic Rosenthal <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 15:27:13 -0700
JAMES SMITH wrote:
> I have an amplifier that runs 2 x 3-500z's and the filament voltage
> is 2.5 volts when it should be 5.0v.The amp is currently wired to
> 110VAC and I would like to wire it to 220VAC. Which will cure the
> problem, or should. Anyone have any suggestions on how to wire it up?
> any suggestions would be great.

It is obviously wired incorrectly now, or something is seriously wrong.
  Without knowing the type of amplifier (make/model, homebrew) it's
impossible to give you advice about what to do.  Even then, your problem
could be tricky.

I don't want to come off as a wiseass, but my impression from the way
you phrased your question is that you should get someone experienced to
help you.  Amplifiers can be quite dangerous, as you probably know.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco