Re: [Amps] Filter design software

To: amps@contesting.com, "Will Matney" <craxd@engineer.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Filter design software
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 07:17:40 -0500
At 04:58 AM 7/22/2005, Will Matney wrote:
>Yesterday I ran across a filter design software that I have to say
>is a good one for a change. It also prints the schematic and parts
>list for the filter. Now it is a Windows only app as it's coded in
>Visual Basic. The name of the app is "AADE Filter Design" amd is now
>freeware. You will get a nag screen the first 10 times you use it
>which is an ad for the authors other stuff. I tested that and after
>10 restarts of the app it was gone. I designed a Chebyshev Low-Pass
>filter with a cutoff freq. of 35 MHz as quick as you could say scat,
>well almost. You can also test the design in which it displays a
>graph that it calculates shown the db attenuation. Anyhow, if you
>want a good free app for any type of filter network, the link is below.
>
>AADE Filter Design;
>
>http://www.aade.com/filter32/download.htm
>
>Best,
>
>Will

It is very nice software and now that it is free it is really a great
deal.  The pop-up
ad you have to sit through is for the L/C Meter IIB.  I have both
this one and the
original one and they are absolutely great little devices.  Pricing
of MFJ equipment
with quality and accuracy that MFJ only dreams of.

You can check out error analysis here:  http://www.aade.com/lcm2binst/HP.html

Specifications are here:  http://www.aade.com/lcmeter.htm#specs
And you can even download the instruction manual to check it out in
more detail.

This explains why the program is free:

The program has been a hobby of mine for over 25 years.

For the last 7 years I sold it as shareware but total sales for those
7 years was less than one months sales of my hardware so I decided to
give it away to attract visitors to my web site and call attention to
my hardware products.

I don't know this guy, I've just been a VERY satisfied customer for MANY years.

--John  W0UN