[Amps] 2 X 3-500Z's and Plate Voltage Choice

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 2 X 3-500Z's and Plate Voltage Choice
From: <sccook1@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 13:39:26 -0400
Morning all,

Was thinking about upgrading my Henry 2K-4 to a 4A configuration with the
CW/SSB switch.  Was also thinking about puting in a transformer with two
secondary voltages.  I have seen amps running a pair of 3-500Zs with all kind
of plate voltage schemes -- some running CW plate voltage as low as 2100 V
no-load and as high as 4KV for SSB no-load.

What would be a suitable voltage to shoot for for CW and SSB?  3000/4000?  Less
/ More?

Your thoughts?

Steve (WG7K)