Re: [Amps] 2 X 3-500Z's and Plate Voltage Choice

To: <sccook1@cox.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 2 X 3-500Z's and Plate Voltage Choice
From: "Jerry Muller" <k0tv@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 14:36:09 -0400
Steve,

Remember that if you take the voltage up higher, the tubes aren't zero bias
any more. You'll have to put in some kind of bias circuit when you go over
2500 volts (I think that's the number). I'm running about 3500 no load on a
couple of home brew amps and at that voltage, they hum nicely at the legal
limit (the new one).

73, Jerry K0TV