Re: [Amps] RF Parts OEM 3-500ZG's

To: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] RF Parts OEM 3-500ZG's
From: Gary Smith <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 21:27:00 -0700
Michael Tope wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who replied to my inquiry about the
> RF Parts RFP 3-500ZG's. Your comments were all very
> helpful to me. There was a pretty big consensus that among
> those who responded that the RFP parts are pretty good
> tubes both in terms of performance and reliability.
>
> 73 de Mike, W4EF

Hi Mike.
In the previous amp I owned, a Ameritron 80-B, it arrived at my doorstep
with the original Eimac 3-500z installed.
Power was a respectable 700w out, decided that there must be some more
rf horsepower in there somewhere purchased a RF part 3-550 tube.  Power
was an instant 830-850 watts after that.
Fwiw, Eimac has not made a glass envelope tube since y2k
73 and such,
Gary...wa6fgi