Re: [Amps] Metric Conversion

To: Mike <k4gmh@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Metric Conversion
From: David Kirkby <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 05:23:18 +0100
Mike wrote:
> Thanks Mark for the heads-up on the converter.  Unfortunately, it only
> works on XP or later OS.

A standard microsoft trick, to get you to upgrade the OS.

For some applications, such as drivers for hardware, firewalls, network
monitoring software etc, it would be more work to write the program to
work on multiple versions of Windows.

For a metric converter, that is very different. There is no reason on
earth why it could not be made to work on any version of Windoze.

Of course, just because it says XP only, does not necessarily mean it
will not work on an older version, although the installer might refuse
to install it.

> At 18:57 8/10/05, AA6DX - Mark wrote:
>
>>I recently found/installed the new Microsoft converter/calculator, and
>>really think it's just swell ... you can get it from them, or .. to make it
>>easy .. from one of my websites, here ..
>>http://members.cox.net/kenwood/
>>73 .. Mark  AA6DX

David Kirkby,
G8WRB